Thursday, June 23, 2011

Icon : To Wong Foo, Thank for Everything! Julie Newmar


I decided to dedicate my first ICON post to all three gentlemen in To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar, one of my all-time favorite movies. I will take a moment of silence while you judge me harshly.

Moment's up. OK, let me explain. The tag line says it all - "Attitude is Everything." Um, true. Patrick Swayze, Wesley Snipes and John Leguizamo all look amazing in the movie.


Fabulous.

And seriously, the opening scene of them all putting on their make-up to Salt-N-Pepa's "I Am The Body Beautiful" will make you want to grab for your vampy lipliner, eyelash curler and decorate the 'eff out of your face.

Move over, Mother, 'cause I'm going faster than you can you drive . . .

These honorary ladies embody the definition of all that is stunning and sensational. They work it in high heels and tight dresses while staying true to themselves. Life lesson much?

I promise you. Take a listen to the soundtrack while you are getting ready for a night out of balls-to-the-walls partying and I guarantee you will walk out your door feeling like the glamorous tease I know you are. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh man! I love this movie too! I haven't seen it in a million years... Hello Netflix! Thanks for linking to the sound track ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i ADORE this movie! now we need to get together and watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Hot damn woman, your blog voice is just as sassy and hilarious as your real voice! :)

    ReplyDelete