Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Fan Favorite : Summertime Supplies

With summer officially in session, I thought it would be the perfect time to list some of my favorite 2011 hot season must-haves.


I am claiming this as one of my best beauty finds of the season. I use it everyday to build voluminous hair. For my personal summer hairstyle, I . . .

1. Dry hair with a diffuser until almost dry
2. Use a 1-inch curling iron to smooth and define my curl
4. Turn my head over and spray on dry shampoo, concentrating mostly at roots
5. Flip up for a fabulous look ala Penelope Cruz in Vicky Cristina Barcelona


Hot.

Remember, if you have dark hair like me, please be sure to rub in the dry shampoo with your fingers. You do not want to look like you got attacked by a gang armed with baby powder. BTW, this product costs $2.74. What?! I know. I get my supply from Target as they consistently seem to have it stocked. I have made trips to other local drugstores only to be sorely disappointed in their lack of dry shampoo (ahem, Walgreens).

I bought this tinted lip balm on a whim because I needed something to wear to the pool that provided sun protection. I totally lucked out.  This balm adds the perfect hint of color (I bought Petal Glow) and moisturizes like nobody’s business without feeling heavy. Plus it has an SPF 20, a MUST when baking under the sun. I feel super glamorous while still looking natural. I am excited to try the other tints.



I have been using this as my every day lotion, NOT as poolside sunscreen (I use hardcore waterproof SPF for that). This lotion is perfect for getting the sun protection you need while running errands or reading in the shade without feeling super greasy. Plus, it smells like you are at the beach, one of my all-time favorite smells. Pina Colada, anyone? No, really.

My favorite summer look right now consists of black liquid eyeliner, loads of waterproof mascara, just a touch of concealer to hide imperfections, a light peach lipstick (my favorite is by Rimmel in Crush), and a few sweeps of Sephora’s bronzer. With peach, pink and gold all included, it looks great on any skin tone. I love the sheen it gives my cheeks without all that glitter nonsense found in other bronzer/highlighters. It gives just the right amount of color without looking too bronzer-y.


Simply put, this nail enamel looks bad-ass with a tan. 'Nuff said. 

Oh, you need more? Vampy Varnish did a fabulous job showcasing all three of the colors in Revlon's metallic set. Check it out here!

Put all of the above together and you will have a summer look so hot, I will want to date you. Seriously.

5 comments:

  1. I have the Sephora Trio Bronzer and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color is exceptional. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dry shampoo forever! Washing my hair? Never! I had no idea I could get it so cheap. I completely trust your judgement. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dry shampoo, here I come. My waves are seriously flat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the dry shampoo just so I could go out to lunch with you today without showering. My hair still feels so beachy. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete