Thursday, April 5, 2012

Fan Favorite: Recent Sephora Purchases

After a few glasses (read: almost the entire bottle) of Allure's Pink Moscato the other night, I decided there was no better time than the present to make a few essential purchases from my mistress, Sephora.com.

There were a few items in my cart I had been holding off buying until the right time. What better time than when you're toasted? Right? Right.

I got the package in the mail the other day and have been trying out everything daily. Here are my favorites so far!

How gorgeous is this color? Here is what it looks like in real life ... 


I have worn this a few times already and every time I do, I get compliments on the shade. I usually wear this as a smoky eye. I smooth it over my top lid and blend it in with a blending brush so that it melts away as it gets closer to my brows. I then use a small brush to apply the color very, very close to my bottom lashes. I have a purple kohl eyeliner by Laura Mercier called Purple Sapphire I use to line my top and bottom lashes. It darkens the color just a bit and adds a nice purple tone.

When doing a smoky eye, I always line my lower waterline. I think it creates such a sexy, powerful look. Scared about poking yourself? Check this lady out. She gives a good tutorial.

Like most people, I have a problem with uneven skin tone. Because I lean a little more on the olive side, I hyperpigment very easily. So I am constantly fighting against sun damage, acne scars, etc. I needed a corrector and fast. After research, I decided on Murad's Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum.
I have used the Murad line before and was pleased with the quality. It can be an expensive brand but I feel it really delivers results. The reason why I chose this particular product is because it contains two great ingredients, hydroquinone, one of the top ingredients for skin whitening and glycolic acid, an awesome exfoliating agent. I have been using the serum for about four days now and can already see a little improvement, especially with the discoloration from old breakouts. I will let you know the final result once the bottle is empty.
I also got a new eyeliner brush for my Aqua Black. Love it! It makes great, controlled lines, perfect for cat eye liner.

Lastly, check out this science! Sephora's Color Reveal Lip Balm blends with your personal pH to create a unique pink specially for you. How cool? 


This is perfect when you don't want to wear a color but want a little more punch than just Chapstick. I love the custom pink it creates on my pout.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment