Sunday, October 23, 2011

Classic: Make Up Forever's Aqua Black

I was fortunate enough to attend a Make Up Forever event at the W in Austin several weeks ago. Fortunate for two specific reasons - I got to see the very accomplished makeup artist James Vincent work his magic with a live demo and I found my new desert island must-have . . .

Make Up Forever's Aqua Black, now my go to eyeliner.


This stuff is hardcore and not for the faint of heart. But for eyeliner junkies like myself, I say bring it on. I understand that this product is a staple in thousands upon thousands of make up kits already but I am just now discovering it. Don't tease me. Haha, get it? Tease? Shit. Moving on.

Use an angle brush to apply this to the top of the lid, on the bottom and top eye membranes, and bottom line if you're going for an uber dramatic look. Once dried, this stuff does not move so apply slowly and carefully. I always keep a cotton swab dipped in make up remover handy. I use this product for all different kinds of looks. Most of the time, I go all out and put this over most of my top lid. Other times, for my "day time" look, I just lightly line close to the lashes to make them appear more lush.

Confession time. I have washed my face at night, avoiding the eye area and worn the liner to bed, only to layer some more on the next morning. I call it my "Yeah, I went out the night before and looked fabulous and woke up looking just as fabulous this morning with crazier hair" look. Trust me, it works.

Do yourself a favor and go out and get this stuff. Then come hang at my place so we can try out all different kinds of looks and inspirations. I will provide the brushes, you bring the champagne.

No comments:

Post a Comment