Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Love Party: One Month Down

It has been exactly one month since my last confession (ahem) post. My sins include not updating my Teases on a regular basis like I promised regarding wedding plans, thinking way too much about my big day makeup and not enough about my vows, and eating a sinful dinner the other night book-ended by two very, very dirty vodka martinis.

Phew. I feel better already. Now on to the good stuff.

I have been blessed with amazing friends and family who have stepped up to the gold-lined charger plate to help with all my wedding questions and needs. This past month has been spent figuring out and solidifying three huge decisions - ceremony location, reception location, and photographer. And alas Teases, I have succeeded in finding all three. 

The ceremony location is a beautiful old chapel located in the beating, bleeding heart of midtown Nashville - Wightman Chapel at Scarritt Bennett.


The reception will be held in the Phoenix Room at the Bound'ry, just a two-minute walk from the chapel and coincidentally, the site of our engagement. Think old, dark wood, fireplaces, lots of candles and lace and fringe. Sigh. I can't wait.

My photographer was recommended to me by my future sis-in-law, Sarah. Ms. Stephanie of La Photographie will no doubt capture the sexy elegance I hope comes through on our big day. Her boudoir esthetic is right in line with all that Tease Me Beauty stands for and I can't wait to see what she does with it.

Speaking of future sisters and sisters of the heart, check out a few of these Pinterest boards Sarah and my lovely lady of style Andrea created to help organize my visions.

My own Pinterest board is lacking at the moment but I promise to fill it with all things amazing once I get this post published. In the meantime, I wanted to pass along the inspiration for the wedding so I can get your minds turning...

Imagine what it would look like if a "gypsy lady of the night married into money in Paris during the 1920s."

OK. Ready. Set. Send me ideas!



1 comment:

  1. oh my god. so many comments that i will enumerate on when we have our skype date. for now: that room is AWESOME. seriously, the perfect venue for the reception. i'm obsessed. secondly, "gypsy lady...1920s"= perfect. it's all perfect!

    ReplyDelete